Sunday, September 16, 2018

WON: 42-3 Pahokee Next.


We defeated a strong Ft Lauderdale team 42-3 on Friday night.  The game was a sloppy victory for us, and I felt the kids were a little flat from the beginning.  I heard Christian FM's Paul Tipton and Gary Paris say (on their podcast) the game was really the tale of two quarters...and I agree with them.  We struck fast with our first score, and took a 21-0 lead finishing out the first quarter.  The two teams battled for most of the second and third quarters trading punches that you would expect with two undefeated teams.  Both teams were on the field quite a bit on this extremely hot and humid night;  fortunately, this played into our favor.  Our depth paid dividends.


Going into the forth quarter and still ahead 21-3, we started substituting while the opponents were staying with their first team....both teams were gassed to say the least.    Our kids (and their fresh legs) dominated the forth quarter with three scores while holding them to very little offensively.  For me, the pressure was mounting for the young running backs to finally contribute something to our victory.  I think we answered the call and people will be forced to take our running game seriously.  Although sloppy, it was still a solid win and we will take the victory.  

Click this link for a radio interview. 
https://www.facebook.com/ChristianFMSports/videos/234679137392582/


Once again, our defense played light-out and kept us in the game.  I heard the "Turnover Cape" was out several times during the game, and I am happy about that.  I never get to see the cape celebrations, because we are going back on offense and it is time for me to get back to work.  I do hear the roar of the crowd approval, and that warms my heart.  My wife Marty loves to see her creation bring so much joy to the players and see how much the crowd appreciates the award.  





Big Week coming up  we are playing "The Muck" of Pahokee HS on Friday night.  Just google Pahokee football for any information you need about this famous program.  We have our hands full.  

GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment