Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Media Day





Kristin (Age 16)  Daughter 

Kelsey (age 13...Almost)  Granddaughter

Got this photo of my granddaughter Kelsey this afternoon and it made my day.  I remembered her mother (Kristin) posing for the same type of photo over 20 years ago. I always knew Kristin and Kelsey looked alike, but to me the resemblance is amazing.  Kelsey represents the forth generation of football in my family (Dad, Me, Kristin, Kelsey) and I am feeling pretty proud tonight.  I don't know if anyone can tell, but I am absolutely crazy, nuts about Kelsey.  She knows how to knock the edges off this grizzled old PawPaw.   I will tell the story on each of my children later in the year when the blog material gets slow.  

Varsity- JV- Freshman  

Today was 'Media Day' in the Citrus Bowl.  All three teams (and coaches) dressed in their game gear and made their way down to the stadium for photos, media interviews and so forth.  I was so excited and I had a great time seeing all the kids together at once.  We sure have some amazing looking young athletes in the pipeline here at Vero Beach High School.  It felt great sitting in the stands with all the coaches together and having all the players at our feet.  I am sitting in the second roll (from the top-down) next to my buddy (and Head JV Coach) Brian Debula.  I will recite this statement once again:  You better have some thick skin to be on this football staff.  Nothing is off limits.  lol  


Offensive Linemen with The Belt

My Kids:
 Bryan Primus Winston - Daonovan Gilchrist- Bobby McMillan - Logan Amaral 

Me and My Kids  

Big Boys with Coach  Pete McDonald  



Today was a nice break from morning practice.  Believe it or not, this stuff is important to a team's success as well.  Just to get all the kids together for a common purpose helps build team unity.  It also gives the young kids a good look at what all of them are striving for....to be a varsity football player for Vero Beach High School.  

I am so blessed to be part of this great program.  I am a lucky man.  

Later 
GZ  

No comments:

Post a Comment