Friday, August 10, 2018

Week 2 Wrap Up




My Dad...10th Grade Football Photo  

Me and Mike (Ft Stewart, GA)  

Mike throwing in Afghanistan somewhere.

The REAL Afghanistan  

Fighting Man  

Football has always been such a large part of my life since I was very little.  My Dad played ball, I played ball, and my son Mike played ball.  When I was younger, I always wanted a big boy to coach and teach.  God blessed me with my boy on on August 1st, 1987.   I coached my 6'4" 220lb QB all the way through high school; consequently,  I know that could not have been easy for him, for I knew it was not easy on me either.  I was not exactly as easy going as I am now.  Quite the opposite I am afraid.   I will not hash out my old stories about our relationship in this blog, but I can tell you Mike is the bravest man I have ever known, and he is my hero.  A true #Army fighting man who chose his profession all on his own....without the inference of a overbearing father.  I let him spread his wings and he flew....much higher than anyone ever expected.  May be the 'Lessons In Life' taught on the football field had something to do with his success.  I sure hope it did.  


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today we finished up our last morning practice before the regular grind of afternoon practice begins. Next week is game week, so we will settle into a normal routine on Monday.  Remember I stated that the defense is normally ahead of the offense at this point of the season....and this year is no different.  I am feeling a little bit better about my kids tonight.  Today, Coach Jankowski scheduled a 'Inside Run' drill toward the end of practice.  Offensive line, and Running backs, vs the Defensive Line and Linebackers.  The entire drill is run between the tackles  For the first time all year, I thought we held our own against the great athletes we have lined up on the other side of the ball.  I can see the progress we are making in the backfield, and I can see my visions for my kids starting to come together.  I am having a lot of fun with these kids, and it is so nice that Coach J just lets me coach.   I really like working for this guy.  

I want to start talking about the players individually, but I also want to get some verbal permissions to use their names first.   

Huge week coming up.  Kickoff Classic Friday night at home vs Viera.  

GZ

1 comment:

  1. I love me some Mike and am so proud of him!!! Good luck heading into game week.

    ReplyDelete