Sunday, August 19, 2018

After Game Wrap Up


Pregame Warm up.  

Sorry for not writing sooner.  I sort of shut down after a tough game, and I do not feel like doing much else but keeping to myself and sleeping.  It started with my wife late on Friday night after the game.  Marty just left me alone and simply said "there is food in the fridge if you want something to eat"....then she quietly left the room.   My daughter Kristin called today and asked if the communication shutdown was over.  She has been through this with me many times before, and she knows when it is safe to call me.  Kristin knows me better than anyone else when it comes to this stuff.  Finally, Coach Pete Deluke sort of prodded me today at our meeting...simply asking if I was considering going back to the press box?  Pete said I have been deathly quiet on text messaging and social media since the game was over.   I guess they are all correct....I don't take losing very well.  I am not very mature sometimes.  




"PawPaw: Sometimes your team looks very very good.  Sometimes they look very very bad!"

Today when Kristin called, I talked with my grandson Grice as well.  I was wanting to find out how his first jamboree game went yesterday.  We talked for a little bit, then he hit me with the little gem of a statement above.  All I could really say is....."thanks buddy"  Then, I chuckled to myself.  I guess I will be OK afterall.   

==============================================================

The Game: 

We lost the pre-season kickoff classic 35-28 to a talented Viera football team.  We could have/should have won the game.  We had four turnover during the game...and we clearly left at least three additional touchdowns in the red zone.  Offensively we were like a roller coaster...up and down all night long.  We did not rush the ball very well, so we have some work to do.  But adjustments these are all very fixable. Defensively we played very well in spite of the final score.  Our guys are going to be very good...sometimes a hard game like this is exactly what a team needs.  It does not get any easier this week though. We travel across the state to face last year's 7A State Champion Venice High School.  Should be fun.  

GZ   

2 comments:

  1. Are they going to youtube video the Venice game? Who is going to be the starting running back?

    ReplyDelete